Haven’t done one of these in a few weeks and my life is crazy busy after moving to DC today so I’m going to do a tag. I promise I’ll come back with some new content once I get myself settled in and with a routine :). Now on to the questions!
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
For the most part, yes I do. Sometimes I can handle it and not get dizzy but most of the time I cannot read in the car.
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
This is tough for me but I think I’m going to go with George R.R. Martin’s writing style. I feel like it’s engaging and his character development is great. I also like that, even though he writes in a more long-form style, he doesn’t use any fluff words.
3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Hands down, Harry Potter. (1) Realistic characters, (2) Interesting plot, and (3) A guy and a girl are best friends without any sort of love triangle or possibility of romance.
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is it in (besides books…)?
At the moment, I’m not carrying a book bag, just a large computer bag. I do make sure that at least my Kindle will fit before I buy a bag.
5. Do you smell your books?
Yes. The smell of new book is amazing. They need to make a candle that smells of new book aka happiness.
6. Books with or without little illustrations?
I don’t care either way.
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
Twilight and House of Night
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
I can’t think of any funny stories involving books…is that bad?
9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
The Hunchback of Notre Dame by Victor Hugo
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I don’t write fiction and don’t see myself being an author but I do write for my college newspaper and my internship DC is journalism internship so I will be writing and reporting.
12. When did you get into reading?
Second grade. Fell out of love with it for awhile. Fell back in love in eighth grade.
13. What is your favorite classic book?
This is going to sound so cliché but Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
14. In school was your best subject Language Arts/English?
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated…what would you do?
My manners would kick in and I would say thank you. I’d just add it to my bookshelf.
16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
I can’t think of any that are lesser known and similar.
17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while filming?
Not sure what this is asking….
18. What is your favorite word?
19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
Nerd, I think…
20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Vampires. They have darker stories.
21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Angels. I like stories about good and evil that use angels and demons.
22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Spirits because back stories
23. Zombies or Vampires?
Vampires again. Zombies scare the shit out of me.
24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
Both drive me crazy so neither
25. AND FINALLY: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Depends on my mood.