I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Zin at Books’N’Feathers. Thanks, love!
- Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog.
- Give your readers 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions from the blog who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers to receive this award.
- Come up with 11 questions for your nominees!
- Owls are my favorite animal ever. I even have an owl tattoo.
- I’m a constitutional law nerd. Ginsburg and Sotomayor are my idols.
- If I walk by a bookstore, it’s almost physically painful if I don’t go in.
- I’m a journalist and have many published articles.
- I don’t have enough room in my room for all my books. A lot of them are in boxes actually. Shame on me.
- I have a weird obsession with vampire lore and vampire books.
- I find it impossible to smile in most selfies unless I am genuinely happy so I normally make a weird self conscious face.
- I was a competitive swimmer from ages 6 to 17. (started lessons when I was 8 months old)
- I am a die hard Harry Potter fan.
- I am obsessed with youtubers.
- I should be paying attention in class right now, but I’m tired and already know the material.
Questions from Zin:
- Would you ever set a book on fire just because it has upset/pissed you off?
Never. Book burning is totally unacceptable.
- How many hours do you spend inside a bookstore?
It depends on how much time I have. If I go out to spend time at a bookstore, I can normally stick around for about 2 hours.
- What book reminds you of a phase in your life which you don’t want to ever be reminded of?
The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big Round Things is a book I love but a book that reminds me of a time when I had a very low self-esteem.
- If there is just one last copy of your favourite book remaining in the world and your best friend’s kidnapper is after it, would you give up your fav book to save your best friend or not?
Yes. I could never live without my best friend. It would pain me to not have my favorite book but at least I’d have my friend to get me through it.
- Do you keep a diary?
Yes and no. I don’t keep a daily log of what I do, but if I’m really anxious, I get the urge to write and I do and it’s kind of like a journal.
- What do you enjoy the most about writing?
Well, in terms of journalistic writing, I like getting the truth out there and informing people. In terms of my blog, I write being able to be opinionated. In terms of my journal, I like the feeling that a huge weight is being lifted from my chest and that my mind becomes clearer.
- Do you talk to random strangers about a book which you see them holding?
If I recognize the book, sure.
- Do you think people should slow down on tweeting about books every minute of the day when they can actually spend that time reading?
I try not to control what others do. You do you, boo.
- Which place would you love to visit in winter?
My bed, with a hot chocolate and a book. Or a tropical island. I hate the cold.
- Are you a coffee or a tea drinker?
- Would you stop using that lipstick you apply everyday if you know that whales are being killed everyday because of you?
- What’s your favorite thing to do on a rainy day?
- What’s your favorite animal?
- What’s your favorite author?
- Why do you blog?
- Are you a writer as well as a reader?
- Would you rather be a wizard or a superhero?
- What’s the last book you’ve read?
- How many books are on your goodreads to-read shelf?
- Did you read Fifty Shades of Grey?
- Favorite school subject (other than english/writing?)
- What’s your favorite season?